• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Crenjcichla species

blueblue

5 Year Member
From Romer's Cichlid Atlas I, we can find many dwarf species under
the genus of Crenjcichla, e.g., Crenjcichla notophthalmus,
Crenjcichla urosema, Crenjcichla regani, etc.

They are lovely and beautiful fish :) . However, i have never seen them in the
market in Japan, Taiwan, Singapore and Hong Kong... So i wonder whether these species are available elsewhere? Are they rare in the hobby?

P.S.: The larger species of Crenjcichla are available and quite popular
in the market in Hong Kong, but they are really big (over 20cm to 60cm+!!)
and are not the same as the dwarf species of this genus.

blueblue

5 Year Member
Amendment: The genus should be Crenicichla, my Romer's Atlas I has a printing error in the head-note on p.1047 which prints Crenicichla as Crenjcichla... i followed it in typing and made the mistake... ~.~

Aquatico

5 Year Member
Well I was supposed to be getting two boxes of Crenicichla notophthalmus in this week from Brazil. But, for some reason they are not coming. So they are probably coming your way. I was told if I didn't get them that they were going to Asia. You guys get all the cool stuff.

Don

blueblue

5 Year Member
Aquatico said:
Well I was supposed to be getting two boxes of Crenicichla notophthalmus in this week from Brazil. But, for some reason they are not coming. So they are probably coming your way. I was told if I didn't get them that they were going to Asia. You guys get all the cool stuff.

Don

Thanks Don for the info; i am looking forward to it :)

P.S.: i just talked to a friend who is also a local retailer specialized in dwarf cichlids. Actually, my observation (in my first thread) is WRONG!! We DO have some dwarf Crenicichla in Hong Kong and Taiwan but they are NOT traded under the label of Dwarf Cichlids. I have probably overlooked it...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….