• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Confirmation of Hongsloi Sought

Malcolm Clements

Hi
Can anyone confirm or otherwise just what sex of the Apistogramma Hongsloi's that I have attached? They were originally sold to me as a Pair (my reading was that meant male & female) and I have been accepting that whilst they have been progressing; however, decided today to get a couple more females from the LPS where I obtained the original pair and as soon as I put them into the tank the original 'female' started to go through what appears to be an obvious display routine. I have had doubts for a while that I may have been sold two males but they have had different coloration so was not really convinced until todays display.
What do you think? Cheers - Malc

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    866.3 KB · Views: 305
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 323
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    751.9 KB · Views: 315
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    761.2 KB · Views: 313
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    886.7 KB · Views: 308
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    961.6 KB · Views: 324

Malcolm Clements

I would say 2 males. Im sure others will also comment.

Derek
Thanks Derek. I had come around to thinking that may be the case. Strange thing is that today the one that was originally sold as a female has lost a lot of the red/yelloe coloration today.
Cheers - Malc

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billgrunt77

Latest profile posts

jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Please send me info regarding cuipeua. Thx, Joe.
jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Where are you located?
Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(