• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Collecting "Apistogramma sp. "Ruth""

Microman

5 Year Member
Yes nice write up again Tom.
The most rancid water/pool ive ever seen in my life....
We didnt get too close to this pool with the nets. Left this one to the experts who are far hardier than we Scandinavians/Europeans.
Whose that "Well Seasoned and Cultured Traveller"? Im struggling to find him.
Mark...

briztoon

5 Year Member
Thankyou Tom C. for the article. Quite a few of us Aussies frequent your site for the biotope descriptions, and to live vicariously through your expeditions to Peru.

Mike W. or Mark, is the agassizii article due to be released on the PFK website, or just in the magazine?

Tom C

5 Year Member
Thank you for the kind words, everybody! I really appreciate the feedback...

..... Quite a few of us Aussies frequent your site ........
Yes, I've noticed that :).
The last 12 month, people from Australia have more than 6100 pageviews at our site!

I have more than 1000 pictures from our long trip up the Rio Tapiche last year, so when/if I'll have the time, more reports might follow.

Mike and Mark: I think you both need another trip soon......:)

Rod

5 Year Member
Yep! Another great article!
Dry Season???
No killifish??

I note that the photos of "wild" caught fish show fish have random black marks on fins and body

Seems some of the fish coming to Australia recently have similar markings...certainly evident on the Apistogrammoides pucallpaensis I've seen
and a few other species as well??

Is it a disease/fungus/parasite or body pigmentation???
Is it treatable?

Tom C

5 Year Member
There have been some questions about these black marks on this forum, but since the search function for the moment is out of order (just for me, or more?), I cannot find them again.

I have not seen any proved "answers" to this question, only several more or less well-founded hypotheses.

Some claim that this is not contagious, but I have experienced that juveniles have incurred this after having gone along with parents who have the same.

I've seen mentioned all the possibilities you pull out: disease/fungus/parasite or body pigmentation, but I've never heard of any effective cure.

I'm sorry; I can not provide any solution to this riddle......

RAF

5 Year Member
One more indispensable article fore those that love dwarf neotropicals.

Tom, but I'm realy looking for that promised article on your Tapiche river expedition.

Tom C

5 Year Member
I have plenty to do at work currently, and I like to write reports when I have some surplus, rather than when I'm exhausted......

Patience, Ricardo, patience.......:biggrin:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….