• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Cacatuoides help please...

Mikey

5 Year Member
Hi, my boy is still eating well, and has recently had his first spawning as well, but i have been noticing that his belly seems to be getting quite bulging. Anyone know what's going on, and if it's treatable? He still seems to swim in the usual manner, but his mouth always seems open a bit too(always has......don't know if this is typical). Breathing is beginning to seem a bit laboured, but no other fish display this in the tank.

Suggestions????

Mikey

5 Year Member
Chemistry parameters are within the accepted norml range, and i feed the tankmates a high quality flake with both brine shrimp, and blood worms, and pellets. the Caca isn't crazy about the flake so much, but will snack a bit, but he still devours the frozen blood worms, and picks away at the pellets. I acknowledge that the pellets where bought too large for the current fish that i keep(3mm), but i'm not going to let them waste if i can help it. I may be ignorant, but i don't think that the pellet's are the problem here. The Cac's can't swallow them whole anyways, so i believe it's something else.

If it is "bloat" what are the remedies or corrective actions to take? Thanks for the help people. Iwill be moving the happy couple to their own tank VERY soon providing they are both healthy, so i can have no predators to reduce the fry count, and i hope to have the fella healthy to do this.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pupps

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….