• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Caca question.

Mikey

5 Year Member
Hello folks, i just wanted to know if......
1. Anyone in the London, Ontario region had any female only caca's to try to breed with?
2. I already have only a m/f pair in a medium planted tank with wood,a few pots, cardinals, otto's, a small bn plec, and a few rock shrimp. I unfortunately have harder water, and was wondering if i have any chance at all of breeding them if i were to have a few more girls in there? Gh is like 12! Initiall the male showed off for her, but after awhile, she started just chasing him away. She is smallish, and i don't think that he's full grown either, but just looking for some guidance or help from the experienced.

Thanks .

Evan

5 Year Member
They should breed in harder water. I have successfully spawned them in GH 16, KH 12 and ph 8.1. However, with this water chemistry 100% of the young were male.

How big are they? You may just need to give it some more time.

Mikey

5 Year Member
Thanks for answering. The male is roughly 2" or a tad shorter(including tail), and the female is about 1 1/4". She is frequently showing her yellow coloring(almost always) but no eggs or anything. Just recently they seem to be gently bullying the cardinals ever so slightly, but i still doubt that they are going to spawn any time soon. The girl is often a fiesty thing in general. Kinda spunky really. I recently had to put 2 Bolivians into this tank, so i'll be watching how the aggression goes very closely.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pupps

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….