• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Buying Fish Online...

monisaab

I have a couple of questions that I would want answers from members:

1- Suppose I buy some fish and the seller FORGETS to send about 15-18% of them. Is the case to be treated as DOA?

2- Is it fair enough that the seller just refunds the cost of the fish not shipped or should there be a proportionate refund of the shipping cost as well?

Can you please answer these questions with some valid reasons.

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
1)Fish not sent should be refunded...they aren't DOA fish they are AWAL and you should get your money back for them unless other arrangements have been made (like subs sent for the missing fish). But check out the person's policies (if they have any posted) as you might just get a credit on a future order.

2)Are you talking small fish? If you didn't get 15-18% of the fish you ordered and they are smaller fish I'm guessing the cost of shipping wasn't that different then if all the fish were sent. Find out the actual shipping cost paid plus, add a reasonable % for handling, and then subtract that number from what you paid for shipping.

In reality, unless I got shorted on 15-18% of an adult discus order (or another similarly large fish) I would not expect to get a shipping refund for the difference.

Good luck with working out the issues with the seller. I hope you resolve the problems in a civil matter. Remember to keep a cool head and be firm but not pushy.

monisaab

I ordered 3 trios and received 1 trio and 2 pairs and the shipping cost around 25% of the total cost...

If I get them reshipped I have to bear the shipping cost again without any fault of mine. Should the person at fault not bear the costs?

slimbolen99

5 Year Member
Depends on the retailer. If they want your business again, they would probably offer to offset the additional shipping costs. The companies/individuals that I have had the best success with typically work out some sort of solution that makes me want to go back and do more business with them.

monisaab

well that was what I was expecting from the seller but not everyone is the same I guess... Even though he accepted that he did not ship 2 fish out of 9 he equated it to DOA and hence no adjustment/refund for shipping...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meghanbe

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….