• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Brine shrimp hatchery help

Apisto ranch

5 Year Member
I had a site that some one sent me of a brine shrimp hatchery. It was made from a 2liter coke bottle and showed step by step how to remove the brine shrimp from the bottle. Also showed how to hook up the lines to the bottle.
Now I cn't find it so if some one know what I'm talking about or has a site I can use. Please let me know. I'm needing it by morning as my Orange Flash are almost free swimming and will be by morning. So I'll need to fed them soon. LOL My brine shrimp hatchery just ain't going to beable to keep up with them. I can tell you that now. LOL

feather2night

5 Year Member
Apisto ranch,
Did you get the site? I was wondering if you had could you send it to me.
It would sure make it easier in the long run. Using a large square tupperware dish with tank water from the SW, floating in one of the 29's with a airstone inside the container. But there has to be a simpler way, and if you found one would love to know about it.
Feather

Zapisto

5 Year Member
Come on guy
just buy that :
http://www.brineshrimpdirect.com/store.cfm?d=3249&c=5279&p=27242&do=detail
hatchingkit.jpg

and it is done
8$ cannot be to much for solve all other pain you will get with a DIY :)

anyway it is my opinion (and i respect others also :) )

fishtanker

5 Year Member
why buy brine shrimp hatchery make one

all you need is some air line on a pump .I use 2 pint bottle fill 3 quartres full float it in tank 24 hours later brime shrimp. take off air pump let it stand 2 minutes then use air line as siffon the shrimp off .will take some photos of what have made save lots of money and time its easy . once the brime shrimp hatch there is no need to put it back in tank

Apisto ranch

5 Year Member
here's my home made one. I do the same thing I drain mine into a brine shrimp net. Then reinse with cold water and then add the shrimp to the fry tanks.
100_1259.jpg

fishtanker

5 Year Member
hemichromis

out of the five fish three are doing very well. one has died today and another is very thin. but the three that are doing well they are showing off to each othere . they have coloured up nice .two go in the same cave all the time. its looking good

Z Man

5 Year Member
For years when I ran 80 tanks I just used 2 - 1 gallon tanks and just added regular salt, teaspoon of eggs, airstone and had a 15watt bulb outside. Every day I siphoned out the eggs through a brine shrimp net and then just cleaned it out and started another batch. Did this for about 10 years. I always had frsh BBS to feed daily.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….