• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Breeding "Apistogramma panduro""Apistogramma

bumblebee odyssey

5 Year Member
Hi I Am Looking Into Finding Some Cichlids That Are A Rarity And Breeding Them... Now I Have Blue Eyes Who Bred In A 3ft Tank With Way Too Many Friends Around (Reduced Stock So Don't Worry) And I Didn't Have To Do Anything They Just Bred Like 'rabbits' On Their Own....

Now I Am Setting Up A 4ft Tank With The Following Included...
2 Pairs Of Cockatoo Cichlids
2 Albino Long Finned Corys
2 Jullii Corys

And Then I Will Have A 3ft Tank With A Pair Of Blue Eye Cichlids

*i Would Like To Know If I Divide The 3ft Tank Would "apistogramma Panduro""apistogramma Pandurini" (Also Called A Dwarf Panda Cichlid?) Breed Easily In Their Own Half?

*or Is It Best To Put Them Into The 4ft With Everyone?

*also What Is Another Easily Bred Cichlid That Will Be Ok With The Ones Mentioned And That Are Also A Hardish One To Find.

Thanx Guys All Those Questions Should Keep You Busy :)

Thanx Kel

apistodave

Staff member
5 Year Member
Bumblebee A. pandurini is A.panduro. I dont know how pandurini got started I think it's because most latin names end in "i" anyway they are the same fish. The "Panda Dwarf Cichlid" name is the common name for nijsseni. You could put them in either tank and they would be OK. Hard to find and easy to breed almost dont go together but trifasiata are hardy apistos and you dont really see a whole lot of them.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elvashave

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….