• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Asia Breeders South East Asia

MacZ

Besides the fact that I doubt you'll have any luck here on the forum, what are you looking for exactly? The region is well known for cheap mass production of Mirkrogeophagus but barely for good Apistogramma stock.

Angryscot

Thanks for the reply

In the process of setting up and not 100% decided on what strain yet. Macmesteri or Cacatuoides possibly
I’ve had a look around the big fish markets here and not had a lot of luck.
Hence asking here on the off chance there may be some private breeders

Might have to look further afield

MacZ

These species are indeed the only ones you might have some luck with finding. Here in Europe we get lots of fish from farms in Thailand and Malaysia, mostly livebearers, tetras, bettas. Very few species of cichlids.
Import might be too costly and especially too complicated with customs etc. just to get a handful of fish.

Angryscot

I’m from the UK originally, Scotland
And believe it or not work in Guyana but the logistics of getting Apisto home from here would be a huge headache

I won’t give up easily on my search. Thanks for the help

MacZ

A true cosmopolitan. Nice.

Good luck, I'll ask my wholesale contacts if they know anyone in South East Asia. My at-the-source contacts are all on Lake Malawi and Tanganyika.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
There is a Thai breed on aquabid going by Mrarmadillo_thailand who regularly offers apistos. He has a very good customer rating. But he offers rare species almost exclusively and you need an importer or import license before he can ship to you.

Have you thought of going out and collecting some of your local apistos?

Angryscot

There is a Thai breed on aquabid going by Mrarmadillo_thailand who regularly offers apistos. He has a very good customer rating. But he offers rare species almost exclusively and you need an importer or import license before he can ship to you.

Thanks Mike
I will have a look there. Maybe we can work something out

anewbie

Thailand have native species of apisto ?

Angryscot

No, but Angryscot is presently living in Guyana. There are several species that occur in Guyana.
Hi Mike

I live in Thailand, I work offshore in Guyana
I’ve contacted mr armadillo through Facebook. Thanks for the heads up. Exactly what I was after

Angryscot

Thanks for the info
I was there last week, found ‘Apisto life’ in the market and Atlantic in JJ mall had a few

Apistomaster

5 Year Member
I used to visit aquaticquotient.com and frequently saw beautiful photos and informative accounts by breeders. It was Singapore based but I had trouble connecting at 3AM PDST -8:00 Universal time.Any shortage of access to rare Apistogramma was never my impression in the years I was haunting the site.

Angryscot

I used to visit aquaticquotient.com and frequently saw beautiful photos and informative accounts by breeders. It was Singapore based but I had trouble connecting at 3AM PDST -8:00 Universal time.Any shortage of access to rare Apistogramma was never my impression in the years I was haunting the site.
Hello mate, thanks for the reply
I’ve had problems accessing the aquaticquotient website over the past few weeks. I get a ‘database error’ message
I’m currently at sea so don’t know if its something to do with company firewall. I will try and get on it when I get back on land

Apistomaster

5 Year Member
I'm getting the same redirected webpage so it isn't at your end. Used to be a busy forum but it's been years since my last visit. I just remembered being astonished by the specimens of SA Dwarf Cichlids shown by their owners.

anewbie

I'm getting the same redirected webpage so it isn't at your end. Used to be a busy forum but it's been years since my last visit. I just remembered being astonished by the specimens of SA Dwarf Cichlids shown by their owners.
i'm not getting a redirect but a database error on the backend. Whether this is a temporary or perm. condition i cannot say as i've never visited the site before.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hillberg

Latest profile posts

jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Please send me info regarding cuipeua. Thx, Joe.
jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Where are you located?
Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(