• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Borellii pearl male

Timmyjpb

Hello, I purchased A. Borellii pair two days ago. They were marked male and female in separate bags, but I'm not sure it was marked correctly. While both are decently small, the one marked female ( pictured below) is much larger and more colorful than the Supposed male.

Can anyone confirm that this is the female or male?

Attachments

• 20150925_105826.jpg
    20150925_105826.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 403

Timmyjpb

The other one finally showed itself long enough for a picture. This is what they said was the male.

Attachments

• 20150925_105832.jpg
    20150925_105832.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 432

gerald

5 Year Member
They marked the bags wrong. The one with red spots on the cheeks and longer dorsal and anal fins is male. Hopefully the second one is female, but its hard to be sure until she turns yellow.

MickeM

5 Year Member
Like gerald says.. 1st pic is a male("opal-type"/"pearl"? with red gill color, wildform??).. and my guess is that the fish in the 2nd pic ought to be a female..(No/ much less patterns on gill covers + black solid/clear "color" in the first 2-4 "spines"(?) in the dorsal fin + black markings in the pelvic fins.. Pelvic fins are also (usually) shorter on females than on males..).

If you want more borellii-info...check these out!! :)

http://www.apistogramma.com/forum/threads/borelli-from-natural-biotope-argentine-corrientes.14700/

http://www.apistogramma.com/forum/threads/a-borelli-opal-free-swimming.17394/#post-85637

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stripes

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….