• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Borelli or steel blue

Andy

image.jpg
image.jpg
i have posted here before but my fish was very young st the time. We are few months on now and they have grown. When I see other people Borelli opal which is what mine were sold as there’s loom different.

Also are we able to sex these guys now

Any help would be great please.

Andy

Hi

Thanks for the reply. Are Borelli and Borelli opal different as mine never look like anybody eles lol

Yes it very hard to catch them to be honest. Soon as they sit still as the camera focuses they move lol plus there is 4 of them so hard to get pictures of each one without mixing them up.

I will try again.

1 of them is a 100% Male he bigger and big fins and lots of blue in his face.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
For now, all A. borellii are the same species. There are different color morphs and what is now called Opal is one. From what I see your "Opal" are not that colorful and I personally wouldn't consider them Opals.

Andy

Hmm ok I so. Although I have since upgraded my tank and lighting an now
I see a lot of yellow pattern on the finage so maybe They are colouring up better than than what I first expected.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
The present day fish sold as Opal should have a good amount of red on the face, what we considered superior blue reitzigi in the old days. The original Opals from East Germany had red face markings, yellow and blue fins, and blue and green scales. Sadly, it no longer exists AFAIK.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….