• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

bolivian ram fry...

bullhead

5 Year Member
I recently noticed that a pair of bolivian rams in my 55gal. have fry.I dont know how long they have been there,but they are swimming freely and about 1/16 of an inch long.My ? is should I just leave them in the tank or should I put them in a nursery?How fast do the grow?and what should I feed them?

Cathy G

5 Year Member
Feed newly hatched baby brine shrimp. You might try the frozen baby brine shrimp, but the wiggling new hatched ones trigger the best feeding response and growth. You could also try crushing flake food - use a rolling pin and get it down into a powder. Put a tiny pinch in a cup of water and gently pour it down on top of them.

Live BBS is the way to go though.

Cathy
PS> They grow fast for the first 3 months, then slow down. By 6 months if the water quality was good and they ate well, they should be ready to sell.

Cathy G

5 Year Member
Forgot to answer your other question...

What are the other tank inhabitants? If you want a bunch of bolivians and they are in a tank where they will get eaten, you'll have to pull them. Are the parents hanging by them and protecting them?

Cathy

bullhead

5 Year Member
The parents are gaurding them well.The other inhabitants are include rummy nose,bleeding heart tetras some cories and ghost shrimp.

dhm325

5 Year Member
The tetras are very effective fry preditors as are many cory species. Even with a 55 gallon tank you are likely to loose a lot of fry (you don't say how many tertras you have). If you want to raize the fry, you are probably better off moving the fry or (if possbile moving the other fish). You could also try a tank divider. If you choose this option make sure that the space between the divider and the glass is smaller that the width of the tetras. They will find a way to get through otherwise.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….