• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Biotope/biotype tankmates for P. t. "dehane"

__CAV__

Hi,

I'm looking for some suitable tankmates for some Pelvicachromis taeniatus "dehane"
they will be going into a 3x18x18 tank which is going to be setup as a biotope/biotype of the Nyong river.

any help would be appriciated

Thanks

Cav

Scree

5 Year Member
I'd possibly go for something like Fundulopanchax gardneri or maybe one of the sp in the Apyosemion genus. Great looking fish and would be in keeping with the biotope.

If you do go for Killifish be sure to do some research on the species you go for, such a wide group of fish you will find huge variations in their habitat requirements with regards to flow and cover etc.

__CAV__

cheers for that,

also another quick question will these guys be ok in a 2F/1M trio?
the tank size 3x18x18

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
This is a good way to get a bonded pair. Once they bond and breed the second female usually is harassed (or killed). I would put a piece of floating pipe in a corner of the tank as a refuge for the odd female. She will hide there and be easy to remove.

__CAV__

This is a good way to get a bonded pair. Once they bond and breed the second female usually is harassed (or killed). I would put a piece of floating pipe in a corner of the tank as a refuge for the odd female. She will hide there and be easy to remove.

Thanks for that Mike,

I ended up getting a new male for the female, i already had and also getting another pair of them,
so now i'll have 2 pairs sharing a 3x18x18 tank which i may seperate if there is any agression between the pairs
Cheers

Cav

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
The small streams that we collected Dehane in here not very rich in fish fauna. Barbus camptacanthus was the onl cyprinid (and they get large). Epiplatys infrafasciatus was present. No small barbs or tetras.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kanihong

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….