• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Benitochromis sp. "Dehane"

Randall

5 Year Member
To all Westiephiles,

We may have yet another new West African species. Recently collected in or around Dehane in southwestern Cameroon, a Chromidotilapiine cichlid, probably of the genus Bentiochomis, has yet to reach the US. After the potential new discovery has reached our shores, I will endeavor to furnish a brief description and some photos to the Forum.

More to come.

Randall Kohn

Neil

Randall,
Now that we are discussing Chromidotilapiine cichlids (Chromidotilapia/Benitochromis) fairly extensively here, I think that it would be a great benefit for you to list the known species and/or the changes that have taken place recently. Many of us are going by the 1 (L&S) resource and would love to take you up on your earlier offer of a new species list for these fish. When you have time, that is! You could do it here, tagging onto the discovery of a new species or start a new thread.
Thanks, Neil

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….