• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Assistance Requested

Huck

Hello All,

I recently purchased these two at my LFS and they were marked as A. Agassizii but I was sure they were wrong. Can anyone verify my suspicions that I have two A. Macmasteri and that they are a pair. I would like to try to breed them if they take to each other.

Thanks

564318_10150911088921026_1566076361_n.jpg

599688_10150911089276026_170872616_n.jpg

wethumbs

5 Year Member
A. macmasteri male on the 1st pic. The second probably a young macmasteri male trying to disguise as a female.

Huck

Ever since I took the pictures and since I started feeding them bloodworms. The small one has colored up and is growing. Now I need to find females but no one is listing them for sale at this point. Any hints on where to look.

Gwendal

I think also, you have 2 males, the dorsal and anal are big in the second pic to be a female. Also the color is not a female color.

1 saludo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….