• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Aquarium racks

Ttw

5 Year Member
I notice in pictures from European aquarists the aquarium racks are often made of what appears to be aluminum tubing and nylon (zytel) connectors. Does anyone have any information regarding these? What size of aquarium will they support?

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
TomC has square aluminum tubing stands that match his metal-framed tanks (I don't recall them having nylon connectors, however). Most of his tanks were about 75 - 100 cm tanks. Together with the Larvikite stone tiles on the floor, it is undoubtedly the most beautiful fishroom I have ever seen!

wethumbs

5 Year Member
I use 80/20 45series aluminum racks in my fishroom, there are no plastic parts other than the end caps which I dont use. The connections are all done by stainless steel brackets. The only issue with the aluminum rack is weight. I knew I should have gone with snowflake obsidian for the floor, but then I dont want to fall on my *ss everytime I spill water on the floor.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Heavy?? Talk about heavy; my tanks are on standard 8X8X16" cinder blocks and 4x4 lumber. It still works after 25years! Oh, and the floor tiles are pealing off the concrete floor.:rolleyes: I think I need an update on the room: new tanks, new stands, new lights, new air, ... Anyone want to donate to the 'Mike's fishroom remodel program'?:wink:

Ttw

5 Year Member
A good example of the rack system that I am talking about can be seen in the picture on pages 24 and 25 of the Jan/Feb issue of Amazonas magazine. The black connectors look like the nylon connectors I've seen available but I would like to know for sure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meghanbe

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….