• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Aquarium International - New Edition

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
The New edition of Aquarium International - The Freshwater Magazine is available for download to your iPad or as a PDF. Go to www.aquariuminternational.com to check it out.

This issue includes articles on collecting fish in Bolivia, French Guiana and Gabon. Breeding articles cover Betta tussyae and the freshwater pipefish Doryichthys martensii (the pictures are incredible!). Planted Aquarium 101 is our first column, and is dedicated to the basics of planted aquariums and will feature different authors (this month's topic is how to set up a basic layered substrate with soil). Ingo Seidel tells us about the plight of Sturisoma festivum (the true long-finned farlowella) in the hobby, and Wolfgang Staeck reintroduces us to the Jack Dempsey cichlid and brings us up to date with what is new in the genus Rocio, as well as the origins of the electric blue phenotype. Lots of video in this issue (for the iPad edition). Please take a look!

ste12000

5 Year Member
Ive never heard of this magazine Ted and may well check it out, it looks a interesting read. Are you part of the editorial staff??

Matt2609

5 Year Member
Would like to read the two articles about Betta tussyae and Doryichthys martensii, but seems like the only way to pay is by using paypal?

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
The PDF version is paid for through PayPal. There are other payment services, but PayPal is the largest, most commonly used and most affordable. If there is an electronic system that you prefer, let me know and I will pass that information on to Lutz (he handles the money). If there is a reliable way to offer a different payment method, I am sure he will consider it.

Matt2609

5 Year Member
Well would prefer to just pay with some kind of card, mastercard or something like that.
But figured out another way to buy it, so it's all good. :)

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
I agree... one of the options I will try to get set up is to enable the ability to pay with a credit card without having to have a PayPal account (but still through PayPal). I have used this with my Tedsfishroom.com site, but it requires that I send an invoice with credit card as an option. PayPal is a very secure payment system. My wife is an exec in a large... very large... company in charge of their e-commerce, and prefers PayPal over anything other than an expensive bank-secured payment portal. PayPal is effectively a bank, but I certainly understand any reluctance to tie a checking account to an online payment system. As far as simply taking credit cards is concerned, we are no where near large enough to be able to afford that. Any system that accepts credit cards needs a portal service, and most have a high monthly fee, a per transaction service charge and then take a percentage of the sale. PayPal takes a cut, but without all the fees.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meghanbe

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….