• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogrammas at Hidden Reef, Philly area, PA

Kevin F Smith

I just returned home with a bunch. Prices are $32.99/pair. Lots of bitaeniata, borellii, cacs, pantalones, viejita, panduro.

Apistos at Hidden Reef, Levitown PA, just north of Philly area. Arrived Friday (I'm visiting in a few minutes, will follow-up post on what I see):
APISTO. AGASSIZI DBLE RED
APISTO. ASST. WILD PERU
APISTO. BITAENIATA
APISTO. BITAENIATA SHUSHUPE
APISTO. AGASSIZI TEFE PEARL BLUE
APISTO. AGASSIZI BLUE
APISTO. BORELLI BLUE
APISTO. BORELLI OPAL
APISTO CACATUOIDES ORANGE FLASH
APISTO. CACATUOIDES SUPER RED
APISTO. HONGSLOI II
APISTO. PANDURO
APISTO. PANTALONE
APISTO. NIJSSENI PANDA DWARF
APISTO. VIEJITA RED NECK

ErtyJr

Man! I went before my vacation and saw them was going to buy a female cacatuoides. Decided to wait till after I came back. When I came back they were all gone! Now I know the culprit!

ErtyJr

Yea I talked to them they said they currently can't get any more cacatuoides but they are looking for them. Thanks for the heads up though! I am currently working about 10 mins from them. Great store!

Kevin F Smith

I was there yesterday afternoon. The had a tank with several triple reds. This must be a new batch, because they weren't there of Thursday. I forgot to ask if any were females, but there were several fish in the tank. They also got a batch of fire red aggasizi. Harvey is the one to ask for. I believe they brought him on board to rejuvinate their fresh water section. He's got a great deal of experience and is very accomodating. He worked for Tetra for many years. Since he came they are getting the apistos, Phillipine blue and koi angelfish, and some quality discus. Hope you find what you want.

ErtyJr

Thank you so much Kevin! I actually drove last week and got a female from that pet place last weekend so I don't need it anymore but knowing they have more apistos in I might stop by and see their stock since I work so close. Did you see any rarely sighted apistos?

Kevin F Smith

The only "rare " apistos that I saw left are: pantalone, and bitaeniata. Bitaeniata is rare for me because the last time I saw them in a pet shop they were still called kleei. I had never seen pantalone before, anywhere.

The other apistos still remaining in decent numbers: borellii, and some agassizi labelled: Tefe pearl blue.

Did you see anything else at TFP? I need to make a trip there for some plants. Ay west africans like pelvicachromis? Any checkerboards?
Thanks!

ErtyJr

I believe I saw some checkerboard not 100% on that I was mainly just there for my cacatuoides female. I did grab some dwarf baby tears which were looking nice. Other then that I only glanced at everything else.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyzhCrord

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….