• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma sp "reddot" F-2's Spawned

fishboy20

5 Year Member
Well my juvenile reddots are obviously old enough to start breeding now. I've got a female, just barely over an inch, that spawned last night. I will have the rest of the juveniles for sale at OCA btw. I cannot believe I am on generation 3 now. Truly an easy to keep but beautiful species to keep. Wish me luck with continued generations!

litesky

5 Year Member
What are your tank parameters? Size and everything. And what kind of scape setup do you have? I have two pairs in my high light 29 gallon tank. I'm wondering if i should do anything else to encourage breeding.

edit: I'm sorry. Didn't know u were referring to sp's. But do answer questions =) (I have apisto cac.s)

michelle767

5 Year Member
Red Dot apistos

This is going to sound strange, but I actually have descendants of your apistos...I bought 6 very small juvies recently from a guy in Columbus who mentioned that he got their parents from you. I lost three when their tank broke but the other three were saved and are doing fine. I'm curious - how do you sex them? Mine might still be too small to do so, but I'd at least like to know what to look for. I read up on them at thekrib.com and the info was rather confusing.

If I have all of one sex, which, judging by behavior, I have a sinking feeling that I do, I'd love to buy a few more from you. Incidentally, I might *cross my fingers* have double-red aggies soon, if you're interested. My female's guarding her second batch of eggs, but she ate her first, so I'll have to wait and see.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndrewShNN

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….