• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma sp. Kelleri, images to share with you all!!

a.d.wood

5 Year Member
On this occasion Apistogramma sp. Kelleri, a relatively new addition to the UK hobby.

Picked them up back in September and the pair obliged with some nice portrait shots;

ap_sp_kelleri_female.jpg

ap_sp_kelleri_male.jpg

Fast forward to today and the male has now fully coloured up and sporting a nice lyreate tail and some pretty impresive extensions to the dorsal fin!

ap_sp_kelleri_male_002.jpg

ap_sp_kelleri_male_003.jpg

Then every now and again you get lucky with the camera (a lot of swearing at the batteries in the flash gun though as they were on their last legs...), bear in mind that this is a mouth brooding species, just look at the size of that mouth!!! I've also added a close up to give you a better look at the gill arches inside the mouth!

ap_sp_kelleri_male_004.jpg

ap_sp_kelleri_male_005.jpg

Andrew

Ruki

5 Year Member
Awesome photo of yawning male. :biggrin:
Your fishes are really in good shape. Many of A. sp. "Kelleri" what I saw had weird propotions of body or head.

MonteSS

Nice fish and nice shots.

He looks alot like mine. They do love to display at their reflection.

Mine shows absolutely no interest in the female. She is totally white and never any yellow. She sure looks very female, but I still wonder.

Does yours have Hole in the Head or is that something else?

...Bill

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….