• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma rubrolineata

slimbolen99

5 Year Member
Trio of 1m/2f Apistogramma rubrolineata in a 75 gallon tank. Interesting "gray" fish, but if you can look closely, and they hold still long enough, they do show a lot of interesting coloring and patterns. For the most part, from what I can tell, the males show a lot of spots in a checkerboard type fashion on the body, while the females it is a little less. I don't know much about them, except that they are fun to watch in their 75 gallon!

Male
Apistogrammarubrolineata005.jpg

Apistogrammarubrolineata007.jpg

Female
Apistogrammarubrolineata004.jpg

madrededios

Slim,

Were they "Grey" when you got them? Or did they "go grey"? The reason I ask is that when we collect them, they are a brilliant Red and blue striped fish. I do see some variation in the color intensity in different locations, ( we are up to 10 now) however they are all brilliantly colored. What generation from wild caught fish are these, do you know?

Regards,
Brian Perkins
www.wildperu.net

slimbolen99

5 Year Member
madrededios; I was just saying they haven't colored up to their full potential yet. I am not sure if they are F1, or tank raised; however, the picture that accompanied them was very interesting. They are still pretty small, growing slowly even in a 75. We'll see. The females have started changing color to a more cream hue, and the male is darkening up quite a bit. I will email the source I got them from and find out more specifics on the location if he has it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….