• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma in my planted tank

Champ_17

5 Year Member
IMG_1502 (Medium).jpg
IMG_1503 (Medium).jpg
IMG_1507 (Medium).jpg
IMG_1355 (Medium).jpg
IMG_1121 (Medium).jpg
IMG_1481 (Medium).jpg
IMG_1445 (Medium).jpg
IMG_1503 (Medium).jpg
IMG_1507 (Medium).jpg
IMG_1355 (Medium).jpg
IMG_1121 (Medium).jpg
IMG_1481 (Medium).jpg
IMG_1481 (Medium).jpg
IMG_1445 (Medium).jpg
Beautiful things in my tank

dw1305

5 Year Member
Hi all,
GREAT FISH!Which is the fish in the first pics?
Male "Steel-Blue", I had 2 males for a time, and they were very aggressive to each other.
The ferns look great. How often do you have to trim?
I think it is actually moss, but it does look great, do you know which moss it is (The peacock moss looking one)?

cheers Darrel

Champ_17

5 Year Member
Hi all,
Male "Steel-Blue", I had 2 males for a time, and they were very aggressive to each other.
I think it is actually moss, but it does look great, do you know which moss it is (The peacock moss looking one)?

cheers Darrel
The fish in first is Steel blue one of my favorite Apistogramma. I have 2 in my tank and they spent their time fighting each other.

For the plant I have moss, Fern and Anubis. You correct one of moss is peacock moss and another is spiky moss

http://aqua.c1ub.net/forum/index.php?topic=182340.0

cryptocoryne tank.jpg

JasonC

5 Year Member
Very lovely tank!

I like the idea of an all male tank... may have to try it at some point. Especially with the more "flashy" species, it almost feels like the SA Dwarf equivalent to an all male rift lake tank... except you can actually have plants!

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….