• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma for sale, for local pickup in NYC

guits

I'm looking to try some new things with my tanks, so I have some Apistogramma for sale, for local pickup in NYC.

Apistogramma cacatuoides trio (1M/2F), $30. I raised the male and one of the females myself and they are approximately 10 months old. I don't know the age of the older female. The male is about 1 1/2" in size. There have already been 2 spawnings, but I have been unable to raise the fry due to my schedule.

Apistogrammacacatuoidesmale.jpg

I also have some Apistogramma eremnopyge fry/young adults, $7 each, about 3/4" to 1". They are also home raised and about 10 months old. The two largest are male, the others are difficult to sex (these fry are slower growing than the cacatuoides). I have a picture of the father (no guarantees that the fry will be as spectacular; sorry for the algae, but I have since discovered Excel which cleared the problem) and a female with fry (not the mother; I included it because it's a nice mother and fry picture).

Apistogrammaerenompygemale.jpg

Apistogrammaeremnopygefemalewithfry.jpg

I have a bunch of Apistogramma macmasteri fry approximately 4 months old, about 1/2" to 3/4," for $3 each. Here is a picture of the father.

Apistogrammamacmasteri.jpg

Finally, I have an adult male Apistogramma bitaeniata "tefe" that is very camera-shy. I lost the female due to a siphoning accident (be careful with large siphons!). If you either have a female available, or are interested in taking the male, give me a heads up. It is very spectacular when it flares.

guits

And the Apistogramma eremnopyge is spectacular. How did the fry turn out?

I sold almost all my fry from that batch, and kept only 1 male. I do have another batch I'm raising, though. Unfortunately, that original male died a while back, and I'm waiting to see how the male I kept develops. They are relatively slow growers. I'm hoping it will have multiple thin dorsal extensions, which were my favorite feature of that male.

guits

I sure hope u still have some available.

PM sent

I have some macmasteri juveniles left. I have another batch of eremnopyge that I'm currently raising. And in a little bit I'll likely have gibbiceps and iniridae. I'm waiting for the gibbiceps and iniridae to be clearly sexable and once I have a pair or 2, I'll need to find homes for the rest.

brad12

I would be interested in the Bitaeniata male and 1 male of the eremnopyge. I live in Long Island and would be willing to pick up.

guits

I would be interested in the Bitaeniata male and 1 male of the eremnopyge. I live in Long Island and would be willing to pick up.

The male can't seem to hold still for a shot from the side, this is the most representative of picture I have so far. PM me if you are interested.

P1020690.jpg

guits

I don't have any of the larger eremnopyge fry, but I have a new batch that is now approaching 1/2 - 3/4 in, however still unsexable.

rossvassallo

looking for Apistogramma and/or Crenicara NYC pickup ok

I'm looking to purchase Apistogramma or Crenicara species, multiple (5-6) small unsexed or sexed pairs, I can pick up in NYC vicinity. Please let me know price/species/age/number available.
THANKS,
Ross Vassallo

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….