• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma cf. eunotus

shoshone

00513.jpg

00714.jpg

00912.jpg

00111.jpg

049_210.jpg

059_210.jpg

shoshone

They were sold as A. cf. eunotus spaltenfleck and they're wild souche(?)
I think it did not and after my research i was thinked at A. cf. eunotus huallaga (View my post in id).

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
OK, that makes sense. When people mention "A. cf. eunotus" (and nothing else), I usually think they mean the common Orangeschwanz/Orange-tail form. Obviously this isn't Orangeschwanz. It is one of the many forms of the eunotus-complex that have a spot pattern in the male's caudal fin. There are about a half-dozen different forms/populations with this feature. They could be Spaltenfleck, but I don't see the horizontally split caudal spot. They may be too young to see the feature right now. If they were sold as Spaltenfleck/Split-blotch, I doubt that they are wild fish. Commercial exporters don't uses this name, only breeders.

shoshone

Sorry for my bad english, i'll try to be more accurate.
I don't know how "individual wild-type strain" is said in english.
In french we say "souche sauvage" for fish naturals forms (f1,f2,f3,etc...).

I hope to be clearer this time.

Best regards

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
I believe that you mean, that they are F1 offspring from wild parents. If the father of your fish shows a split caudal spot, then they are A. cf. eunotus Spaltenfleck. If the fish were sold to you as "Spaltenfleck", then it is most likely that they are Spaltenfleck - unless they have different features.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….