• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma Cacatuoides Scale Lesion

NotanEcho

What does mulm mean, I have never heard of the word. By googling, it sounds like the decomposed botanicals, fish food, fish poo, etc. in the substrate?

In fact currently I am only using tap water and my pH is around 6.5-7, GH, KH around 4. I would like to lower it to around pH 6 because I am looking to get some nannostomus rubrocaudatus or eques and I believe they would breed and live better in that condition. I like seeing the tannins in my water so I'm still looking for a safe way to lower it, be it botanicals, blackwater extract or peat. Yea, I am afraid that a drastic change of the pH would harm my fish so I am still a bit hesitated to use peat or the extract at the moment. From what you said, I might give the tetra extract a go.
I like the explanation of “Mulm” lol that they post about On tanninaquatics

And about the lesions, All of the recovery success stories I have read show that clean clean water, hospital tank, lowered stress and or adding salt—were the common factors.
I do not have much expertise there, but best of luck truly. It’s always a sad sad day when you lose a fish.

Sowah

I like the explanation of “Mulm” lol that they post about On tanninaquatics

And about the lesions, All of the recovery success stories I have read show that clean clean water, hospital tank, lowered stress and or adding salt—were the common factors.
I do not have much expertise there, but best of luck truly. It’s always a sad sad day when you lose a fish.
Thanks for the reply. I took Mac's approach and added a piece of IAL few days ago, the lesion has got much much better today, hopefully he can fully recover in the next couple of days.

Sordbodan

Thanks for the reply. I took Mac's approach and added a piece of IAL few days ago, the lesion has got much much better today, hopefully he can fully recover in the next couple of days.
For what it’s worth My Borelli had the exact same infection. It went away after about a week. Based on Mac’s advice I had also added some IAL. Now I continue to do so regardless. It turns out, my Ottos absolutely love the IAL. They munch on it endlessly. I now have a new food source for them.

MacZ

For what it’s worth My Borelli had the exact same infection. It went away after about a week. Based on Mac’s advice I had also added some IAL. Now I continue to do so regardless. It turns out, my Ottos absolutely love the IAL. They munch on it endlessly. I now have a new food source for them.

You are both welcome. And yes, Otos love the biofilm on botanicals. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DayanaSic

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….