• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma bitaeniata

apisto_shores

5 Year Member
How do you tell the difference between a male and female
Apistogramma bitaeniata? Is the male the only one with blue in
the face? Of course this is outside of breeding dress.

Thanks

rafael

5 Year Member
The sexual differences are evident:

Males: lyrate caudal fin (in mature & old males) + long and transparent ventral fins + serrated dorsal fin.

Females: round or truncate caudal fin+ short and with black + no serrated dorsal fin.

Another differences: colour and long.

mematrix

5 Year Member
Re to post

rafael said:
The sexual differences are evident:

Males: lyrate caudal fin (in mature & old males) + long and transparent ventral fins + serrated dorsal fin.

Females: round or truncate caudal fin+ short and with black + no serrated dorsal fin.

Another differences: colour and long.

Hi apisto_shores I have pics of both male and female here Http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?folder_id=1242668 I agree with rafael Sincerely Curtis

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….