• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma bitaeniata information wanted.

antwan

5 Year Member
Hi there,

I have been given the job of writing an article for a magazine about my Apistogramma bitaeniata's. The problem is, I don't know all that much about them. I was wondering if a few of you would like to post just some general information about them (go into as much depth as you like, this is for my interest also).

Thanks.

fishgeek

search function on the tope header will do your homework for you

andrew
seems if i link a search result they seem to change and so stop working after a period
there will also be the species profiles on the home page here

just take the word forum out of the search bar and anything after the .com

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Most books on dwarf cichlids are fairly accurate. The only new changes are in their distribution. They are now known from locations east of the Rio Madeira, but west of the Rio Tapajós in Brazil. Also search the species name from the "Search" option on this site.

antwan

5 Year Member
Yea, I did a search first, but it only came up with threads on this forum, and there's not many around about bitaeniata's unfortunately. I don't have any dwarf cichlid books, as much as I'd like to I haven't seen any around.

I'll have a look at the profile on the site (didn't know there was a site, just thought it was the apisto forums :tongue: )

Thanks guys.

Roach

5 Year Member
The name bitaeniata means "two stripes" refering to a 2nd stripe or band that appears under the normal lateral band. It is relatively elongated in shape and the tail is truncate to lyrate and also a member of the A. agassizii group.
All this info is from the Romer atlas. HTH I suggest you grab a copy from somewhere as it has heaps more info

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….