• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma Baenschi og something close?

OHR

5 Year Member
Hi all :)
Found these guys in a tank of WC Apistogramma baenschi (Inka 50). Most of them seem species typical, but some seem a bit different.
The pictures are taken with my phone in the shop so obviously they are not the best quality.
Are they baenschi`s or something else?

Females: There is a panduro female on one picture, but that is not significant.
DSC02001.jpg

DSC02000.jpg

Male:
DSC02008.jpg

Cheers Ola

OHR

5 Year Member
Thanks, they are truly beautiful fish :)
Do you or anyone else have pictures of the females in brood-dress and a dominant male with raised dorsal fin?
The x-shape of the fifth and sixth vertical bar on the female seems a bit odd to me :confused: A

Mark

5 Year Member
I had a female, not the one in my avatar, with the X markings too (both sides) and her offspring had the same. It has to be genetic but it is Baenschi I think.

Mark

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….