• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma Agassizii tank mates?

Apissedoffgramma

Hi, I'm looking for other dwarf cichlids for tank mates? Anyone had problems keeping diferent breeds of apistos or german rams? Thanks :)

deaver

5 Year Member
i keep apistogramma gephra and german rams with a pair of bettas, but its ina 40ga 6 foot tank. lots of hiding places too,with obstructions using driftwood. floating plants and java ferns/

Apissedoffgramma

Yeah my tank is 220 litres which I think is around 48 gallon did you put the Rams in after the apistos?
image.jpg

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Please consider that Ram (M. ramirezi) require warmer water than most other dwarf cichlids, > 29°C. At lower temperature their metabolism slows and they are more suseptable to infections. At the higher temperatures, other dwarf cichlids will age more quickly. Mixing is possible, and has been done by many. Just be aware of the possible problems.

deaver

5 Year Member
I kept rams in higher temps and they lasted no time, 80 degrees, they are doing awesome. I added the rams last. They are little piggies, but high quality.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….