1. Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

apistogramma agassizii fire red eating problem

Discussion in 'Apistogramma' started by Cookie_apisto, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Cookie_apisto

Cookie_apisto Member

Just bought a large male agassizii (3'' size) yesterday but I got problem with when I fed him. He seem show no interest to the flakes and keep spit out the bloodworms after he chewing on it or even spit out right away after he picks it up. I only seen him swallow a few of them.
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
  2. Mike Wise

Mike Wise Moderator Staff Member 5 Year Member

Are you feeding freeze-dried or frozen bloodworms? Apisto don't eat dry foods well. I only feed frozen and live foods.
  3. ehsanabria

ehsanabria New Member 5 Year Member

Same here, Frozen or live for my apistos. Try frozen BS.
  4. Apistomaster

Apistomaster Member 5 Year Member

You can never go wrong by feeding newly hatched brine shrimp at least once a day with even adult newly acquired Apistos. Offer them live black worms, white worms Grindal worms if you have access to them. Like the guys have said, live and frozen foods should be their main stays. Once the become well acclimated the majority of species will also accept som sinking pellet or tablet forms of prepared foods but not as their primary diet.
  5. Jorge Luiz Meloni

Jorge Luiz Meloni New Member

6. Jorge Luiz Meloni

Jorge Luiz Meloni New Member

Hi[.I have received 2 new as the same and I stili are using the Brine Shrimp youngest . No adult brine shrimp with good result. After one or 2 months you can use adult and Enquiteria.(white worma)QUOTE="Cookie_apisto, post: 107047, member: 13324"]Just bought a large male agassizii (3'' size) yesterday but I got problem with when I fed him. He seem show no interest to the flakes and keep spit out the bloodworms after he chewing on it or even spit out right away after he picks it up. I only seen him swallow a few of them.[/QUOTE]