• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma agassizi Cuipeua Spawn

Second Hand Pat

You fry grow quickly, faster than my Macmasteri.
At 1 month I start to give frozen, crushed flake, live Daphnia and mosquitoes larves and freez dried Tubiflex (works very well) and a lot of BBS.

Thanks macmasteri, remember food is important but so is water changes. Fry need clean water to grow. I am feeding live BBS and finely ground freeze dried black worms.
Pat

Second Hand Pat

Here's the fry at seven weeks. I have separated them from mom and moved them to a 10 gallon with daily water changes. They are all going to new homes soon. They are around an inch give or take and except for a few really small ones they are fairly uniform in size. Hope they are on tract growth wise.

flowandbehold

Nice job Pat,

I'm having some bad luck with my Agassizi rio nanay. From the get go things didn't go according to plan. Ordered 2M & 4F for a 90G and got delivered 3 pairs. While in quarantine the dominant male bullied the other 2. I finally released the 1 remaining male and 3F in the 90G but the dominant F ended bullying the rest including the M, which in turn saw no favours from the other 2 females. After 9 months I have not seen any signs of spawning.

Yesterday I noticed the male acting listless almost crawling along the sand bed, same signs showed by the other males before their demise.

Water parameters are ~6.2pH and 2-4KH with GH <6 and 27C temp

Bigtuna88

Apisto Club
If looking for Apistogramma agassizii Cuipeua to import what would the best place to find them be so I can recommend to exporter/ collector?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….