• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apisto Spawns

mematrix

5 Year Member
:eek: Hi Guys. Well I got a surprise Week ago Sun nite. I noticed My A. borellii Had spawned. It was a pleasant surprise though I thougt they were still to young. Day before yesterday I noticed the female hearding 1 fry around. I also noticed that 2 other females were guarding their respective caves. I have only had these guys for about 3 wks. I was wondering th average time from laying the eggs to freeswimming. The first one was about 8 days give or take a day since I realy dont know when the spawn took place. The other ones where laid mon 4-18-05. Thanks David for My Borelliis they are more than I expected. I'm very Pleased Sincerely Curtis :biggrin:

blueblue

5 Year Member
congratulations!! ^_^
Wish to see photos of the free swimming fries with their parent fish very soon!!

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Time depends on temperature. In the 75-80ºC/24-27ºC range, it takes 3 days for the eggs to hatch and an additional 4 days for the wigglers to become freeswimming.

mematrix

5 Year Member
Re to replies

Mike Wise said:
Time depends on temperature. In the 75-80ºC/24-27ºC range, it takes 3 days for the eggs to hatch and an additional 4 days for the wigglers to become freeswimming.
:biggrin: Thanks Mike. I had researched my question in a few books. Most said depending on species 7 to ten days. Just wanted som feed back to confirm what I had read. :confused: Blueblue I hope They survive the pond snails I have had a major out break since before the spawns haven't found any thing short of boiling the water that will get rid of them which requires complete break down of tank. I have been harvesting them daily and crushing them and feeding them to my ram fry (feeding frenzy)LOL. So I am Keeping My fingers crossed since I do not have spare tank to transfer the broods to. Realy sucks :frown:
Will post pics If successful. :wink: Sincerely Curtis

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….