• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

apisto bitaeniata & cacatuoides

hexy

Hi,

Hoping someone can help - I have a seed pair of apistogramma bitaeniata and a sexed pair of apistogramma cacatuoide, and would like to breed these. However, running low on tank space, would these be able to go in the same tank? I could use a 60litre tank for them but do not want any causalities first off, and secondly would like to get them breeding.

Please any suggestions would be much appreciated...

Also I help on whether gobies, and ottos in the tank as well would either help/or cause more problems/ tank too small?

Many thanks
hexy

Bilbo

5 Year Member
I would say that a 60ltr tank is to small for 2 types of apisto's.

I am also not a fan of gobies in an apisto tank because they require hard, alkaline water and the bitaeniata is a black-water fish.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….