• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Ap. Wapisana, availability in europe?

P.W.

5 Year Member
Have anyone seen this small species (Ap. wapisana, before "Balzfleck" or "Courtship spot") in europe?
In stock lists, shops or at some fish breeder?
I have been looking for a couple of years for this little strange species, but I have had no luck in my search. Actually I have not been so active with my aquaristic interests for about a year, so I´m not completely updated on what species to be found in the market today.
If someone have any information, please write!

Best regards/ Per

specJ

5 Year Member
not sure about europe, but I know oliver has them on his current list. maybe someone may have picked them up.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
I originally had this species in 1984. The next time I saw it was 2002. It is such an unspectacular little fish that it just doesn't have much commercial interest.

Gamelle

5 Year Member
I had this specie about 4 years ago (F1 specimens bred by Charly Eon)

aae.sized.jpg

Unfortunately, I didn't succeed to breed them, and I'm afraid this strain has been lost (confirmed by Charly).

P.W.

5 Year Member
Thanks a lot for the information guys. Just sorry that noboby know´s about available wapisana´s.
Gamelle, do you have more photos from your fishes? Actually I have seen very few photos on the internet of this species.
Perhaps you can also contribute some photo to apistogramma.com species descriptions. :)

Best regards/ Per

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….