• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Anyone got a pic of bipindi

Neil

This is a fairly new species and I doubt that there are many out there, but I will try to get one up on the site as soon as I have the chance. They are nice-looking taeniatus!
Neil

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
:D I will try to snap a few for you next week... :wink: I am getting some from Neil soon...

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
:D I have not had a chance to get a pic yet. The tank the pairs are in is not really set up for it. I did finally get a good look at the fish today though. They are one of the prettiest taeniatus I have seen. The males have a lateral stripe and strong scalloping on the scale edges. They are still quite young, but you can tell that they will have a lot of red in their fins as they mature, and a nice display of spots in the uper part of thier caudal fins.. not unlike 'moliwe'.

The female have a lot of golden yellow color, not super bright, more like a wash. The belly contrasts a reddish orange nicely. Her first two dorsal spines are black! The color may extend along the tips of the next few spines, but I do not have a very good light over that tank yet. The females I have are more mature than the males, and are already displaying and dancing for the males' attention.

I am going to need to get them into a more permanent tank sooner than I had hoped. I do not think that the females will stand for each other's presence much longer!

Neil

Ted,
I agree. These are some of the nicest teaniatus that I have seen also. Can't wait to see what they are like in a month from now!
Neil

kribs

5 Year Member
I finally got them i am gonna try to shoot some pics of these. also i noticed that the females tend to show rose red in their dorsal i have never seen this in any other tanitatus species. now i gotta go find me some kienke, lobe, and wouri.

kribs

5 Year Member
hi Randal yes i know him. but i have found the fish i am gonna get the wouri from neil and the other 2 from oliver through a friend of mine so they will be cheap or even free.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marakely

Latest profile posts

jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Please send me info regarding cuipeua. Thx, Joe.
jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Where are you located?
Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(