• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

An active pair of Iniridea

koty

5 Year Member
finally an active pair of Iniridea. They are guarding a territory. And the fm has her own half coconut that she gets in & out of. The pH is kind of too high (5.5 70-100µS) so I guess there is a low chance for getting something out of the eggs.

The fmale

fmai1bn6.jpg

The male

mai1fl4.jpg

a.d.wood

5 Year Member
Hi Koty,

Seems like the right time of year for Ap. iniridae to breed then, found this lot in my own fish house last night:

Female with fry:

ap_iniridae_001_female_fry.jpg

Male (not the one for the female above, he refused to co-operate with the camera!!):

ap_iniridae_002_male.jpg

Pictures could be much better, but not been in the fish house much this week due to work so just grabbed a couple of quick pics.

Andrew

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
I just got 12 A. iniridae from The Cichlid Exchange for a very reasonable price. They came in as "A. pertensis wild Colombia". I figured I had a good chance of getting either A. pertensis or A. iniridae since A. pertensis does not come from Colombia and A. iniridae does.

Apistomaster

5 Year Member
I just got 12 A. iniridae from The Cichlid Exchange for a very reasonable price. They came in as "A. pertensis wild Colombia". I figured I had a good chance of getting either A. pertensis or A. iniridae since A. pertensis does not come from Colombia and A. iniridae does.

Hi Mike,
Glad you posted this. I just picked up six of the A iniridae from them through a LFS friend. Sold as A. pertensis which I have kept and bred before but had not yet kept A. iniridae. by way of a friend with a shop in Spokane. Mine came from the cichlid exchange. I wouldn't have known about their availability had you not mentioned it.

I found three tiny 1/2 inch Apistos with the banded tail pattern in a shipment of 1000 Cardinal Tetras and suspected they were A. pertensis and they were. Just cost me the same price as the Cardinals.

Now I have a chance with the iniridae. They will need some R & R but the price was right. My faith in your identification was justified but I can see how such a mistake could be made. I ordered A. agassizi wild last year and received A. pulchra. Love Apistogramma "grab bags."
Larry W

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….