• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Air Supply

Z Man

5 Year Member
I have 80 tanks mostly in the 10 and 15 gallon sizes plus 4-20 long, 2-30 breeders and 1 55. They are mostly all filtered with assorted sizes of Lustar Box Filters and a dozen Hydro-sponge filters. Tanks are set 3 high endwise. Just to give you an idea of my room. I have 1 GAST diaphragm compressor pump DOA series with 1/8th hp motor. Model #DOA-P101-AA. I have been using this set-up for a little over 10 years now. When the filters start to plug up a little, the pressure gets iffy and filters have to be cleaned. I have about 30 extra box filters so I always can have clean one's available.
The ad says for the hobbyist with 20 to 30 tanks but I guess that means with UGF's. I do notice that the 55 is the hardest to keep at the right pressure because of the tank depth. I did have to measure 14 feet in each direction (around the room) and placed the pump in the center so both ends would receive equal pressure. I am using 1" PVC pipe with about 90 brass valves. Anybody running about 40 tanks would have no problems at all.
Now, ask away. Z-Man

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….