• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Acclimating

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
All my fish go into a quarantine tank immediately. I use a Hagen Hang On Holding & Breeding box for acclimating fish. I half fill the box with water from the fish bag (and the fish of course), plug in the air line, adjust to about 1 - 2 drops/second and walk away for an hour or more. Once the box is full and water flowing into the tank, I just dump the water and fish into the tank. Do NOT use this method if (for some reason I don't comprehend) you are adding fish to a tank with healthy fish! Adding water with sick fish can introduce diseases to your healthy fish.

dw1305

5 Year Member
Hi all,
I have a spare planted tank, it is just he same as all the other tanks, it just doesn't have any permanent inhabitants. When I get new fish I transfer them quickly into the spare tank. I pour most of the water out of the travelling bag, then I carefully submerge it in the "quarantine" tank, let the tank water flow in and hopefully within a couple of minutes the fish will have swum out. If they don't swim out I tip them out after another ten minutes. I leave the light off for a couple of hours and then I feed them with some Grindal or Black worms etc.

cheers Darrel

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….