• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

ACA Convention 2004

Neil

All Forum Members!

The ACA is coming fast! It will be held more in the middle of the country this year, making it a little more accessible to everyone.

Thursday, July 22, 2004 - Sunday, July 25th, 2004 at the Marriott Southeast, Denver, Colorado. Presented by the American Cichlid Association and the Rocky Mountain Cichlid Association.
More info:http://www.aca2004.com/

This should be a Dwarf Cichlid-rich convention!!! I suggest anyone who can make, should. I know I won't be missing it this year.

Neil

Randall

5 Year Member
ACA 2004

Well, Ted, it's about time that we met! See you in Denver.

To the forum:

The ACA 2004 confirmed speakers and their areas of expertise follow.

Bob Allen - Lake Tanganyika
Don Conkel - Mexico & Central America
Ad Konings - Lake Malawi
Dr. Anton Lamboj - West & Central Africa
Oliver Lucanus - Discus
Ray Lucus - Banquet emcee
Chuck Rambo - Rift Lakes
Aleksei Saunders - Madagascar
Alf Stalsberg - South America
Mike Wise - Apistogramma

How's that for a line up?! Among the best and brightest that the US and Europe have to offer.

For those who may not know him, Alf Stalsberg is a leading Norwegian hobbist who has travelled to South America on numerous occassions. Mag. Dr. Anton Lamboj visits us from Austria and will present two programs. For more information concerning Dr. Lamboj and his upcoming book, please refer to http://www.apistogramma.com/cms/content/view/500/. For more information about the ACA and membership to the ACA please refer to http://cichlid.org.

We hope to see many apistogramma.com folks in Denver this year! :mrgreen:

All the best,

Randall Kohn

Randall

5 Year Member
farm41 said:
It's so close to me, and it has to be in July 8O

I am going to be neck deep in harvest :(

Dear Matt,

The convention is not until Thurs., July 22. Plenty of time to harvest before and after. :)

Hope to see you there.

Randall Kohn

fishboy20

5 Year Member
I thought Oliver Lucanus was going to be speaking this year, darn! It was going to be hard for me to make it anyways I guess. Well I will wait to see what the speakers are talking about. Who knows maybe somehow I will end up in Denver.

Randall

5 Year Member
Revised ACA 2004 Speaker's List

Dear Fishboy,

Oops! Sorry, I've added Oliver Lucanas, Ray Lucas and Mike Wise to the ACA 2004 speaker's list.

Hope you can make it to Denver!

All the best,

Randall Kohn

Finatic_LasVegas

5 Year Member
See you in Denver!!!!

Okay, I've been MIA for a while. :oops:

But I'm back and excited about Denver! Broke down and made my hotel reservations and totally tickled that it's only a few months away.

Sure hope a lot of you are going to make the trip -- am actually driving....just in case I win the grand prize at raffle again (like in Atlanta -- and couldn't plop the 125g setup on the plane!), can drive it back! :lol:

Looking forward to seeing everyone!!!!
Wendy in Vegas

Neil

Wendy, Nice to see you pop your head out of the desert sand :) It looks like alot of us will be there. I think that we are going to try to get a little Apistogramma.com get-together going Friday night. See you there!

Neil

Finatic_LasVegas

5 Year Member
Apistogramma Fried-day Session at ACA

Ooooh, I'm SO there! How fun! 8)

I'm planning on arriving Thursday at some point -- but have never made the 10- to 11-hour drive to Denver (it could only be 9 hours with my driving), so I'll get some shut-eye Thursday night and be fresh for chatting with the gang Fried-day!

Really wish we could talk Kevin Korotev into making the trip. *whimper* Then our group would be complete....and hopefully we can twist Toyin's arm as well. :D

Maybe I'll bring my damn Tilapia snyderae if they don't spawn by then. They have to be the prettiest and biggest, non-spawning frustrations I've had in years. *grumble*

Woohoo! It's lunchtime!

Wendy

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
It varies with the source of the water. I live in NW part of Denver proper. My water comes from mountain reservoirs (snow melt). My tap water comes out at pH 7.5 (they use something to raise the pH to prevent line erosion) 3º dGH & 1.5º dKH. The pH falls quick to around 6.3. Chloramine is alway used. In suburbs not supplied by Denver Water it can range from ater like mine to well water (pH 8.4, 13ºdGH, 14º dKH). Denver has several water treatment/pumping plants. Each plant gets its water from a different reservoir with slightly different water values. I am fairly certain that the Marriot is on Denver Water so it should be closer to my tap water.

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
What is the chloramine neutralizing product du jour? I have not had to deal with it for so long I do not have anything other than good ol' Dechlor.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….