• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A request for ID-help

Tom C

5 Year Member
On my expedition to the Rio Galvez three weeks ago, I got these in the net:

resizeimage.aspx

Back home they turned out to be some real beauties (in my eyes)!

resizeimage.aspx

resizeimage.aspx

resizeimage.aspx

resizeimage.aspx

resizeimage.aspx

Anyone got an idea of what species they are?

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
They are similar to H. amapeansis... but that is not what they are. Not sure if it is a Hyphessobrycon at all. Very pretty tetra though!

wethumbs

5 Year Member
The coloration looks like H. caudovittatus but the body is more slender. It also looks very similar to the newly described H. tocantinsi but that is from central Brazil, no where near Peru.

Tom C

5 Year Member
Thanks guys :)
They indeed have a very good survival instinct; I found them in the same stream as A. sp. "Matses", so I keep them in the same tank. So far the tetras have eaten 80% of a brood of 60 fry of A. sp. "Matses"!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….