• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A. panduro fry growth

steph

5 Year Member
Hi folks

I have some panduro fry, that are now 5 weeks old and are still really really tiny! They were freee swimming on 28th March

In comparison I reckon my 5 week old baenschi fry would be twice the size.

Is this normal, I wasnt under the impression that they were a particularly slow growing species ?

They have been with the female for most of that time, 2ft, 50 litre tank - I moved them on the weekend to a growout tank where I can feed a bit more intensively.

Steph

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Some apisto species seem to grow faster than others. A. sp. Masken grew very fast for me. The same for my recent spawns of A. bitaeniata (Rio Tigre). Both of these are blackwater species. My recent spawns of A. agassizii and A. cf. eunotus (Huanta) are average. Both are clearwater species. I found A. panduro to be about average in growth rate, too. I don't know if habitat has anything to do with it, however. It's more likely that feeding and water quality have more effect on growth.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kanihong

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….