• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A. norberti

bussardnr

5 Year Member
the pics suck but can anyone confirm this species
apisto.jpg

fishboy20

5 Year Member
Your fish looks to be Apistogramma sp. "Masken". A. noberti doesn't have the red on the flanks like your fish show. Male Noberti has more of a blue/green body color and redtipped extensions on their fins. Hope that helps.

Tom C

5 Year Member
Your fish resembles a lot of the Ap sp Nanay aka Ap Bleeding (Heart) Mike Wise identified here.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Tom is correct; it is A. sp. Nanay/Melgar/Bleeding/Bleeding-heart. All your fish look like males. All I got were males, too. Tom did any of your Bleeding-hearts turn out to be females?

Tom C

5 Year Member
Sorry Mike, all three of mine A sp Nanay are males too.

(By the way; the second brood of A sp Sunrise is already 3 weeks old, so now I have more than 100 of them !)

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
crap i was sold a pair. does anyone know where i can find a picture of a female? also can you give me more info on the fish?

There is a photo of a female in Koslowski's book "Die Buntbarsche Amerikas Band 2 - Apistogramma & Co." There's also a photo on page 31 of the 1/2000 issue of DATZ. If you get a female, breed it like A. bitaeniata (it's a blackwater species) & you should get plenty of fry.

By the way; the second brood of A sp Sunrise is already 3 weeks old, so now I have more than 100 of them !

Tom, that's great! I'll be there tomorrow to get some (I wish!!). What is it? Only about 5,000 mi./8,000 km between us? Anyone in the SE part of Norway should see Tom's fish room. It's amazing!! I love the Larvikite granite floor tiles. The beautiful racks of tanks are set up perfectly for breeding apistos.

Lisachromis

Staff member
5 Year Member
I have a couple of crappy norberti pics on this page - http://users.kent.net/~lisab/Anorberti.html . There is a pic of a female on there as well. I just realized that this page dates my last male norberti. He was born in 2000 as that female pic is of his mother guarding the eggs he hatched from. Wow, he's 5!

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
i dont have any books, is there anyway someone could scan a pic for me if time permits Yesterday 11:07 AM

Buy Römer's Atlas! It's the best $50 investment a dwarf cichlid hobbyist can make. I never can understand why people will spend $$ on fish, but not on books that help them keep & breed them.

Lisachromis

Staff member
5 Year Member
Mike Wise said:
Buy Römer's Atlas! It's the best $50 investment a dwarf cichlid hobbyist can make. I never can understand why people will spend $$ on fish, but not on books that help them keep & breed them.

There are some of us out there that really get into the books as much as the fish. Our fish library encompasses 2 very large bookselves and they are overflowing! I think we need an apisto book done by Mike!! :cool:

bussardnr

5 Year Member
wheres the cheapest place to pic up the book? also is there anyway someone could please send me a picture today? i would like to take it to the lfs and see if they can get a female

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
I think we need an apisto book done by Mike!!

Why should I waste my time? :wink: Seriously, there are some great dc books out there already. Nor do I have access to so many of the apistos that are in the hobby, and what good is a book without photos? I know the headaches that Uwe Römer & Ingo Koslowski had to go through to get books published - even with the encouragement of their publisher. They certainly don't get rich on their books. I don't see what I can add to what these experts have already published. I'm happy to just answering questions & occassionally giving programs here & there.

Lisachromis

Staff member
5 Year Member
Starting to sound like excuses to me.... :biggrin: :rolleyes: :tongue:

Mike Wise said:
Why should I waste my time? :wink: Seriously, there are some great dc books out there already. Nor do I have access to so many of the apistos that are in the hobby, and what good is a book without photos? I know the headaches that Uwe Römer & Ingo Koslowski had to go through to get books published - even with the encouragement of their publisher. They certainly don't get rich on their books. I don't see what I can add to what these experts have already published. I'm happy to just answering questions & occassionally giving programs here & there.

mervin

5 Year Member
bussardnr said:
also is there anyway someone could please send me a picture today? i would like to take it to the lfs and see if they can get a female

a female norberti ????
here is a lousy pic of mine in full brood care colours.

116_1610copy.jpg

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Female A. norberti should be easy to separate from other closely related species. They (& the males) have a dark patch that extends well into the soft part of the dorsal fin.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….