• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A.masken fry emerge

Hassles

5 Year Member
March 26th A.masken fry emerge.

Temp: 26.6
PH: <7
GH: 80 or 4.48dGh

Tank Size: 750mm x 400mm x 300mm (90 litres)

Filtration: Aqua Genie

Spawning Site: dome shaped plastic cave behind large rock at rear of tank

Substrate: fine white sand

Tankmates: Red Whiptail catfish & calico bristlenose

Other: Rocks, driftwood, plants, water pump 300lph, single 35W T5 tube

Question: (For those who have kept & successfully maintained this specie). How close to the mark am I with the water parameters cited above to keep this specie on the long term ?

thanks

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Well, in my experience, the temperature and hardness are fine. The pH could be lower. In the wild this species is often found in mixed black/clearwater streams where the pH is around 5.5 - 6.0.

Hassles

5 Year Member
Well, in my experience, the temperature and hardness are fine. The pH could be lower. In the wild this species is often found in mixed black/clearwater streams where the pH is around 5.5 - 6.0.

Mike

thanks for that - my water will naturally lower without intervention so I shall monitor the parameters and may add a little filtered water to help things along if needed. Thus far all fry are doing well :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….