• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A. cf. agassizii BBCS

Brilliant

New Member
Messages
23
Location
Pennsylvania
Hi again,

Check out this picture I got of my fish. This is the other male.

myaggie_20100709_1496791719.jpg
 

Brilliant

New Member
Messages
23
Location
Pennsylvania
Thank you very much for your feedback everyone!

He finally gave me that money shot. After running from the camera for so long it seemed as if he posed for me. Now if I just had that algae nailed...haha.
 

briztoon

Member
5 Year Member
Messages
203
Location
Brisbane, Australia
Brilliant, that is one nice looking agassizii. Are you sure it's a BBCS variety? It looks very similar in body shape and fin patternation to an Alenquer variant, just different colours.
 

Mike Wise

Moderator
Staff member
5 Year Member
Messages
11,974
Location
Denver, Colorado, U.S.A.
Yes, it's A. cf. agassizii Broad Black Caudal Seam (BBCS). Note how short the soft tips of the dorsal and anal fin are compared to the Netz form. The Netz form develops very long tips, often extending beyond the tip of the caudal fin. That along with the broad black outer edge of the caudal fin are typical for the BBCS form.
 

Brilliant

New Member
Messages
23
Location
Pennsylvania
Yep. What he said...

Thanks man. I am really happy to have it and they are treating me well.

You know that time around spawning when the apistogramma is in rare form. The color is outstanding and the body language in full effect. This picture is the essence of that rare form. I wish I could have captured more detail in the eyes/pupils. The eyes are stunning in real life.

You can see his everyday posture in the video. I am only treated to this once and a while.
 

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
18,792
Messages
125,189
Members
13,675
Latest member
Phap

Latest profile posts

Re-designing and starting a new fish room all over again. This time we'll have many more Apistsogramma species. We are expanding.
dimandobson wrote on Arnold's profile.
hi
dimandobson wrote on Ben Bergman's profile.
Hi Bergman. I have a pair of breeding dwarf cichlid for sale. if you are still looking, drop me your whatsapp number and i will send some videos to your whatsapp
martin_c wrote on illumnae's profile.
Hi,

just in case you happen to live in Germany (or Netherlands): I have a wildcaught female A. psammophila, you could have it for free. I have no use for it anymore.

BR
Martin
Top