• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A Borelli SP Opal.

Microman

5 Year Member
Is Borelli SP Opal a naturally occuring colour variant of Borelli,a distinct species
or a product of selective breeding? I have read numerous explanations.
Thanks,
Mark.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
The original Opal/Opalita has disappeared from the hobby. What is now called "Opal" is (at least should be) a super colorful red-faced/blue A. borellii that is found in the wild.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Is the fish actually so yellow on the body? If it is, I would call it A. borellii Red-face Yellow.

The original Opal had blue & green scales on the body, yellow on the parts of the fins, breast, & throat, and red & blue markings on the gill covers.

The present Opal has blue scales on the body, yellow on parts of the fins, breast, & gill covers, and red & blue markings on the gill covers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….