• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A 160, A. cf. irinidae, W?

Chris(wildcaught!)

5 Year Member
While enjoying the new Datz book "Südamerikanische Zwergcichliden", i looked at the pictures of my, for the time being, personal favorite A. irinidae. And i see number A 160 with red markings on the gill cover which is spectacular. But can it really be a female as the text indicates (A 160, A. cf. irinidae, W). So far my guess is that its a male on the picture. Anyone who can comment?

Regards / Chris

Rolo

5 Year Member
Chris(wildcaught!) said:
While enjoying the new Datz book "Südamerikanische Zwergcichliden", i looked at the pictures of my, for the time being, personal favorite A. irinidae. And i see number A 160 with red markings on the gill cover which is spectacular. But can it really be a female as the text indicates (A 160, A. cf. irinidae, W). So far my guess is that its a male on the picture. Anyone who can comment?

Regards / Chris

Hi Chris,

I think, this is a mistake.... it's obviously a male on the photo.

regards,
Rolo

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….