• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

54 l SA Clear Water

dw1305

5 Year Member
Hi all,
Could be since that one does not containt a plant substrate only some sand. It does still grow though just not as fast as in the other one
Thanks for that, so it sounds like a nutrient deficiency, rather than just the soft water in my case.

cheers Darrel

chris1805

5 Year Member
Yes that could be. The guy in the shop told me that a plant substrate was not really needed for valis, but i experienced they do grow a lot better with. I am just not sure if the blue algae in my tank is the problem of the bad growing valis or if it is really the plant substrate

locdog

Any updates on your tank yet?:) I used some valis and the sageteria plants as well to make a nice tank for my dicrossus maculatus, i hope you don't mind that i used your tank as some inspiration :)

No problem ;)

Updates? One borellii female died two weeks ago.

And about Vallisneria, it grows in the mix of gravel and sand.

locdog

tmp27883-_swnenhe.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sortof_here

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….