• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

2004 Aquabotanic Aquascaping Contest --Now Open for Entries!

T

tsunami

The 2004 Aquabotanic Aquascaping Contest is now open for entries! Are you preparing for this year's AGA contest and need some feedback on your layout from accomplished aquascapers? Are you just starting to learn about the aquascaping aspect of the hobby and need some guidance? Do you just have a healthy planted aquarium you just want to show everyone? Seasoned veteran or eager neophyte, plant collector or hard core minimalist, Nature Aquarium Style or Dutch Style or even no style...

Enter the Aquabotanic Aquascaping contest!

Last year, we had over 30 entries from all over the world including Australia, Turkey, Germany, Singapore, Portugal, USA, and more. Aquascapes ranged from miniscule 5 gallon "bonsai"
tanks to 100+ gallons. From experienced aquascapers that went on to achieve high rankings in the
ADA and AGA to beginners entering their first contest ever.

This year's judge line up will be:

1. Bartek Lipczynski
2. Roger Miller
3. Gianmarco Bertaccini
4. Luis Navarro

Contest starts: February 05, 2004
Contest ends: May 1, 2004
Cost: FREE
Prize: First place prize is a 12 gallon nano cube aquarium complete with filter and 24w 6500K power compact bulb! For those outside the USA, 100 dollars!
All entries have the possibility of being published in FAMA magazine

Email digital entries to:

[email protected]

Send photos, slides, or discs to:

Mike Morrissey
c/o AB Aquascaping Contest
2115 Erinbrook cres. unit 54
Ottawa, ON
K1B 4J5 Canada

For further rules and regulations, read:

http://www.aquabotanic.com/2004contestinfo.htm

Hope to see you there!

Carlos

Fogelhund

5 Year Member
Perhaps I'll enter a couple of tanks, just to show some African Cichlid tanks with plants in them. I certainly cannot match up to some of the masters of plants, but I'm pleased with how things look, in a very natural way.

T

tsunami

Fogelhund, please do enter some of your planted African Cichlid tank! It's possible that we might even get an entry from Italy with a planted African Cichlid tank, too. We'll see.

Hi, Cichlids! How are you? I'm working with the small tank at home. :) Thinking about tank(s). I may add a second, but then again I still do need to buy a good digital camera. :oops:

Carlos

T

tsunami

Thanks you! You guys do make me feel welcome here! I went ahead and borrowed a cheap camera from one of my dorm mates. Here is a nice little photo of my Ludwigia arcuata:

47b4dc36b3127cceb8eb454a4e500000001610

Carlos

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….