• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Accepting July Picture of the Month Contest Entries

slimbolen99

5 Year Member
As mentioned before, July's POTM contest theme will be FULL TANK setups. Any aquatic setup (including vivariums, palladiums, and of course aquariums).

SPECIAL RULES:
- Only full tank shots will be accepted. If you can't get a full tank shot, please email me and we'll work something out. At least two sides of the aquarium edge or trim should be visable in the photo (top and bottom, or left and right).

- You may submit a photo that YOU took of YOUR tank only -- no public displays or other private party tanks. The aquarium must be in your possession.

- Understanding that there are some tank build threads already on the forum, the only thing I ask is that you submit a POTM-UNIQUE photo to the POTM contest of existing tanks in those threads -- a photo that has not been posted on the site before...only for use in the contest, until the contest is over.

Please EMAIL your entry to [email protected] ; be sure to include your username, a title for your tank (or one will be provided for you), and a brief description of the tank (size, inhabitants, how long it's been going, etc).

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the POTM rules.
http://www.apistogramma.com/forum/index.php?threads/picture-of-the-month-rules.14737/

Submissions will be accepted until July 19th.

Good luck!!

slimbolen99

5 Year Member
Just a heads up -- please send me as large of a file as possible -- 1MB is a minimum, larger is better - so that it uploads nicely to the photobucket system which allows each image to be downsized to the same size.

Additionally, I may offer to crop some of your photos if they display more than all four corners of the tank...so if you don't know how to do that - don't let that discourage you from participating.

slimbolen99

5 Year Member
FYI - I will be heading out to the woods for the next five days. There is no internet service, so if you send in a submission, and don't hear from me, don't worry, I'll get back to you by July 9th.

slimbolen99

5 Year Member
We need more photos of your tank setups! Please send them in...would hate to miss a month. I can see that there are several threads with some great tanks...now we just need a photo sent in.

slimbolen99

5 Year Member
A little under two days remaining. Remember, this month's contest can be ANY aquatic setup; does not have to be apistos.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….