• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

"Apistoheaven"

chris1805

5 Year Member
Hey everyone!

I am actually curious about what you all think would be a real "Apistoheaven" and by this i mean the best tank you could imagine for our little apisto's :) Ofcourse we all know how the "perfect" tank should look like. Lot's of woods, lots of hiding places, lot's of sightline breakers and preferably some plants. A low ph with a low kh varying per species. I would just like to see some photo's about people their tank or other tanks that they would consider to be the "Apistoheaven". Would like to see some breeding tanks but also very interested in the community tanks. So please let the pics roll in! :)

dw1305

5 Year Member
Hi all,
Hey everyone!

I am actually curious about what you all think would be a real "Apistoheaven" and by this i mean the best tank you could imagine for our little apisto's :) Ofcourse we all know how the "perfect" tank should look like. Lot's of woods, lots of hiding places, lot's of sightline breakers and preferably some plants. A low ph with a low kh varying per species. I would just like to see some photo's about people their tank or other tanks that they would consider to be the "Apistoheaven". Would like to see some breeding tanks but also very interested in the community tanks. So please let the pics roll in! :)
Have a look at <"all the leaves are brown">.

This is one of my tanks. I'm not claiming it is "Apistoheaven", but the fish have done well in it
(from above)
top_view-jpg.41358

from the side
dicrossus_clup1_resize-1-jpg.41359

cheers Darrel

dw1305

5 Year Member
Hi all,
Do they really like a tank that full of plants? Don't they need some swimming space?
It doesn't have to be plants, but they really like a tank full of structure. I'd go as far to say that the more structure you have the happier the fish are.

Floating plants makes them feel secure from above, and plants generally breaks up line of sight. If you look at the tank as a 3 dimensional structure a tank that is "full of plants" is really more than 3/4 empty spaces.

Have a look at TomC's travelogs <"The hunt for the true Apistogramma cruzi"> you can see that Apistogramma like, and come from, really structural environments, where there isn't a lot of open water.

This is from
<"Some pics from a basement with planted tanks">.

MickeM said:
I took a walk to my friends "planted" basement with hope of some new pics. His hobbies are killifishes, tanks without filters/mechanical circulation, sphagnum tanks, plants, snails, live food, bettas,apistos and all kind of small fishes and shrimps.

067-jpg.4478

cheers Darrel

Robi

They tolerate well the pair of rams since they are not breeding, the water is too cold for them 76-78 F, they are pretty social. I just use them as ditter. If they would become a pain they are gone.

deaver

5 Year Member
Apistogramma macmasteri colony with apistogramma cacatuoides (wild variety). 125ga 6 footer. Lights setting turn to max for pictures

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meghanbe

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….